Marriott International, Inc21,779 reviews
As part of the Dubai regional office Finance team this role supports the Finance Business Support function within the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. Key responsibilities include assisting with billing, Accounts receivable related activities like chasing debt, assisting with month end processes as well as monthly reporting and other accounting tasks whilst complying with Marriott International Policies as well as International and Local Standard Operating Procedures (MIPs, ISOPs and LSOPs).
Education and Experience
- Accounting Qualification or Studying towards an Accounting qualification.
- High school diploma/ exams
- Ideally minimum 3 years of Accounting experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Assists with OFB billing uploads ensuring accurate and timely billing
- Assists with billing dispute resolution (BDR) queries
- Reconciles, reviews, researches and takes ownership of certain AR balances relating to locally controlled Program & Services and works closely with AHS on cash application, any other AR related issues
- Assists with debt collection efforts
- Assists in completing period-end closing procedures and management reporting as specified
- Assists with Global Design project accounting duties
- Assists with Franchise Fee application billing
- Assists with processing Accounts Payables invoices into Peoplesoft Financials according to MIP-67 (Disbursements).
- Assists with certain monthly balance sheet reconciliations and corrects any incorrect balances as required by MIP-66 (Account Reconciliations)
- Follows accounting policies and procedures, aligned with company’s targets
- Effectively leverages centralized accounting processes via Accenture Hospitality Services
- Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned
- Identify ways to streamline accounting processes and provides recommendations and suggestions on improvements
- Maintains a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting.
- Represents team in all interactions.
- Informs, updates, and provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning – Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information. Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers. Prepare, maintain, audit, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables. Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified. Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures. Follow-up and resolve past due accounts and vendor invoices until payment in full is received or resolved. Prepare daily consolidated deposits of cash received by all cash handling employees. Document, maintain, communicate, and act upon all Cash Variances. Prepare, maintain, and administer all cashier banks and contracts.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.