No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
We are currently looking for Application Specialist – Logistics and Operations to implement best Business Processes in a SAP environment by designing appropriate solutions supporting the customers’ business processes as part of the overall SAP programme. Within their process area, the application specialist will be responsible for the global solution which includes responsibility for the method and processes used to translate business requirements into a coherent solution considering balancing both the functional needs and data architecture. The role will be key in implementing and support to the end solution. Implementing appropriate processes to drive high quality and sustainable solutions will be critical.
About the Responsibilities
Support and Maintenance of the SAP systems
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to manage business process related activities including:
- Resolution of Incidents, Service Request and Requests for Change within SLA agreements
- To provide an expert level of skills & knowledge in the evaluation, testing and delivery of SAP application and business process developments.
- Collaborate with the business in identifying functional requirements for process groups, and create corresponding technical specifications
- Develop test scripts, perform unit testing, and contribute to integration testing of development objects
- Provide technical support to end users; diagnose and resolve application-related issues, identify root causes, as well as institute corrective actions and preventive measures.
- Carry out detailed impact assessments for proposed change requests, proposing alternative cost-effective solutions where appropriate.
- Ensure Change Controls are developed, tested & released according to an agreed schedule and ensure all high business impact changes are escalated as appropriate.
- Expected to be involved in support activities and several development activities and to have developed excellent business process design skills.
- Functioning as technical expert and providing support on one or more SAP modules.
- Recommending revision to SAP related business processes to increase efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Gathering, defining and documenting high-level business requirements on behalf of the business process owners, business system owners, subject matter experts, users, and other stakeholders, then developing detailed functional and design specifications suitable for implementation.
- Participating in all phases of the system development lifecycle.
- Working with quality assurance in the design and performance of acceptance tests, change control, and release management processes.
- Design and Evolution of the business process design
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to manage all aspect of the business mapping and blueprinting process including
- Process design and gap analysis to standard SAP functionality within the business blueprint project phase
- Develop functional specifications for reports, forms, and interfaces, modifications, and data conversions
- Legacy data mapping and integration to other modules and Legacy applications.
- Operating in a programme context, including participation in cross functional teams and working with people and organisations from different regions/cultures
- Demonstrated commitment to change/incident management
- Responsible for ensuring that the system change request process is adhered to in terms of quality and commitment to timelines for estimation/delivery
- Responsible for ensuring that incidents are resolved as per approved Service Level Agreement metrics
- Responsible for identifying trends in incidents, and targeting areas for improvement
- Able to evaluate the system strategies and requirements related to new SAP components; recommending and implementing them
- Delivery of programme/project solutions
Other Key Responsibilities
- To liaise with relevant managers and stakeholders in IT to ensure full collaboration and understanding on critical topics as one IT team.
- Contribute to the improvement of the solutions and business processes.
- Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge, management skills and domain expertise by using continuous learning & development tools.
About the Requirements
Engineering or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- Overall 8 – 10 years in SAP EWM /WM/MM
- At least 2 E2E implementations in EWM involving standard and custom solution design including mobile data entry (RF)
- Would be an added advantage if candidate has worked on ITS Mobile Solution.
- Candidate must have done client facing role in SAP EWM as a lead for solution designing.
- Should have very detailed knowledge in SAP EWM in the following areas:
- EWM Master data set up, Inbound Processes, Outbound Processes, Physical Inventory Processes,
- Internal Warehouse processing and EWM integration with other applications
- Should be able to drive workshops, review Functional design and lead at each stage of Testing till deployment
- Hands-on configuration knowledge in different ERP-EWM integration ,queue management and third party ERP system integration with EWM
- Have worked on PPF based action definition configuration and set-up
- Knowledge of Yard Management set-up for both inbound and outbound
- Hands of experience in RF configuration, set up and design of customized solution
- Hands of experience in custom development with regards to any of the EWM business processes.
- Have full understanding of EWM warehouse activity monitor and customizing the same.
- ABAP knowledge with debugging technique is must.
- Strong knowledge in RF Framework, ITS Mobile, PPF, EWM Monitor, EGF and EWM technical flow.
- Working experience on interfacing SCM EWM with third party applications.
- Ability to design end to end process across cross-functions
- Knowledge on Yard Logistics will be added advantage
- Analysis and troubleshooting skills used to support end users.
- Experience working on or supporting one or more Full Life Cycle ERP implementation
Solution Design & Architecture
Infrastructure & Technology
IT Quality Assurance
IT Project Management
Business Process Design
IT Security Management
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.