Al Shamsi Holdings28 reviews
Actively contribute to the development of business including implementation, monitoring and review of a business strategy that maximizes the retail net profit by driving sales and controlling costs across all chain stores; to build motivated and high performing teams through effective leadership and management of retail staff. Successfully managing Retail Operations of the brand across all chain stores.
- Ensure sales targets are communicated to the shop floor and sales are maximized.
- Key focus on controlling costs such as manpower/ store operations and miscellaneous expenses.
- To grow sales profit by motivating the staff to over achieve sales target.
- To be aware of competition, retail sector trends and current trading opportunities.
- To develop, implement, review and monitor the retail operating plan and budget.
- To analyze information from POS (electronic point of sale) to seize opportunities and make informed management decisions, taking appropriate remedial action as required
- To ensure all shops are efficiently and effectively managed, visiting them regularly, and monitoring their compliance with policy, procedure and standards.
- To manage the warehouse operation in conjunction with Supply Chain Manager
- Set and regulate product pricing using results of market and demand analysis
- Evaluate operational and financial records to determine sales performance of a retail store
- Prepare an annual report summarizing progress on short- and long-term plans
- Develop forms and tools to increase operations efficiency and risk management.
- Preparation of Sales Plan by category basis of LFL & seasonality & further ensuring achievement
- Measures to augment the bottom line by cost cutting & high adequate mix of high margin & high value product lines
- Planning & implementation of New Store Opening plans, Opening the store as per guidelines within agreed timelines
- Administering weekly competition benchmarking for new launches
- Responsible for Business planning with expansion of Retail stores across region.
- Anticipate hiring needs, ensure sound hiring decisions and maintain correct staffing in stores always.
- Effective and efficient Performance Management – includes monthly/bi-annual/annual review of the team as well as store manager and documentation of the same.
- SOP awareness and implementation.
- Address employee grievances within the stores and escalate through the proper channel and resolve.
- To effectively recruit, induct, lead, manage, train and develop staff to agreed procedures and standards.
- To ensure the effective management of all retail staff and to ensure adequate staffing levels throughout the business.
- To give support to staff so they have the opportunity to develop their skills in the role and to achieve growth in sales.
- To ensure that all performance issues, and other issues within the showroom, are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To uphold the reputation of the Brand by maintaining high personal standards and projecting a warm, appreciative and welcoming attitude towards customers and staff.
- To take responsibility for personal and professional development.
- Actively promote the brand in local communities.
- Direct and supervise retail staff across several retail outlets to ensure they meet set objectives
- Provide training to retail employees to develop their skills and enhance their job performance
- Provide solutions that address performance issues in a timely and effective manner
- Contact store managers and other retail staff to communicate relevant information
- Provide leadership and vision to the company by assisting the staffs with development of long term and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans
- Effective scheduling and utilization of staff resources.
- Manpower planning, identifying gaps and acquiring them, understanding Training needs
- Identification of low performers & coaching them to deliver better results
- Responsible for finalizing retail recruitment & career progression plan for team
Visual Merchandising & Inventory Management:
- Refer to the Brand aesthetics or guidelines provided by the Division/Brand Manager and implement the same in stores.
- Plan deliveries of new stock and execution of the same based on Brand guidelines.
- Coaching the employees how to optimize space for special events, such as in-store discount sales/ promotions.
- Ensure that stores reflect the Brand retail best practice across all aspects of the brand and follow the corporate guidelines.
- Communicate stock replenishment needs to the Division/ Brand Manager.
- To develop corporate policy driving display, merchandising, pricing and grading whilst observing retail trends
- To monitor stock in each shop, ensuring there are adequate supplies.
- To identify methods of stock generation in conjunction with the Shop Manager, and to respond to stock concerns where relevant.
- Planning Merchandise Mix, Price Mix resulting in optimum use of retail space
- Execution of Visual Plans of the store as per guidelines and trends
- Planning & Execution of overall Merchandise display basis category/sub category & family
- Monitor inventory levels to determine the need for stock supply at each retail outlet
- Inventory Management, availability of Top sellers & return/rotation of ageing inventory
- Implementation of Perpetual inventory counts, identifying gaps in merchandise security
- Responsible for smooth business operations and scheduling or planning of weekly Rota/ staff leaves in accordance with the policy as well as the business requirements.
- Liaise with the HR Department to discuss various staff movements and promotions along with the mutual consent of Brand Managers and Store Managers.
- Responsible for maintaining standards – including all housekeeping as well as Health & Safety practices and procedures and ensure basic store hygiene and maintenance.
- Control damages and mixes by ensuring stockrooms are neat and well organized.
- Implementation of correct procedures regarding store opening and closing and ensure that all potential security issues are resolved.
- Working in conjunction with consultants and contractors, to carry out new shop site evaluations and questionnaires.
- Working with contractors, to ensure shop refits are carried out in accordance with corporate guidelines meeting relevant time schedules and ensuring shop standards are maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Plan preventative maintenance.
- To instigate and implement new policies and working practices in conjunction with Brand/Division Managers and to undertake responsibility for ad-hoc initiatives, as and where appropriate.
- To ensure the safety and security of people, stock, cash and property, implementing effective administration, POS, procedures and security systems throughout the shops in accordance with Brand guidelines.
- Monitor the staff for their customer service to ensure a satisfied clientele
- Ensure adherence to all legislation relating to – fire, employment, licensing etc.
- Monitor and direct daily operations to ensure that goals and objectives are met in term of sales targets, margin and profit and take corrective action when necessary
- Oversee smooth implementation of opening, closing and renovation of shops and often get involved with the buying process
- Maintain smooth relationships with business partners to ensure that overall growth of the Brand is aligned with the company’s strategy
- Promote customer service excellence by running surveys and analyzing benchmarks
- Achieve highest mystery shopping scores consistently when introduced
- To effectively communicate with the Management, retail staff, and other Brand personnel, cascading information as relevant.
- To represent the business and communicate externally as required.
- To promote a customer care approach within the retail business, investigating complaints or issues of poor customer care, both timely and efficiently.
- To maintain and develop beneficial working relationships with other departments to further the organization’s objectives, including appropriate attendance at Management Team meetings and other forums.
- Coordinate and maintain good relationships with the landlord, mall management and be involved with the various activities and promotions of the Mall and inform the Marketing department of the same.
- To undertake all mandatory training as required by the brand and participate in appropriate in-service training as and when required.
- Maintaining the strict confidentiality of all information acquired especially with regards to customer and staff.
- To manage and ensure a strong communications network with the aim of developing effective working relationships.
- To take responsibility for being up to date with current policies and procedures and to adhere to these.
- Co-operating fully in the introduction of any new technology and new methods as appropriate.
- To undertake any other relevant duties within the overall scope of this post as may be requested by the management
- Ensure advertising and promotion program is appropriate.
- Smooth execution of various marketing plans & events like DSF, DSS, Flash/Super Sales Etc.
- Developing relations with internal & external vendors to ensure adequate support when required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing or related studies
– 7 to 10 years of retail experience of which minimum 3 years should be managing multiple stores operationally
- Excellent report, organizational, networking, leadership and analytical skills
- Ability to handle pressure
- Active and detail oriented
- Performance and achievement driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Business Acumen
Language (Job Specific)
The job will require a fair amount of road travelling within the Country, and overseas travel within the GCC and other countries. Furthermore, it will require a considerable amount of coordination with Head Office departments, such as Projects, HR, IT, Finance, Marketing and Buying and a fair amount of administrative work. The job will require road travelling within the Country, and overseas travel within the GCC and other countries.
Please ensure to mention subject line as – Area Manager