As part of the Delivery Hero network, Talabat is the pioneer of the online food ordering industry in the Middle East. Our operations span across Kuwait, Egypt, KSA, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates.
Talabat was voted the UAE best food app in 2016/2017 by BBC Good Food with over 1,600+ employees, 3.8+ million users, 13,300+ of brands with more than 300,000 daily orders and we are just getting started!
What’s On Your Plate?
Our mothership Delivery hero is the leading online food delivery player in MENA, with well-established local brands such as Talabat, Hunger station, and Zomato it combines the local entrepreneurship with global excellence.
Today in the MENA market – Talabat is leading the way with a food ordering platform that delivers nearly 10 Million Orders per month (500k daily) whilst operating across the largest market for the Delivery Hero Group.
As Talabat continues to grow and keep ahead of the curve we have recently launched our very own end-end grocery service across the MENA region: tMart
We’re looking for a Regional Category Manager to join the team and focus on growing our own Grocery Store “tMART” Talabat, which is the region’s first cloud store concept offering 30-minute delivery of groceries at hypermarket prices. Launched in Kuwait and UAE, the service is expanding fast to more countries.
What’s On Your Plate?
- Full Ownership over the category management role in terms of Assortments, Pricing, Offers and Supply.
- Responsible for monitoring economic performance of the assigned departments /categories across sales, gross margin, profit and loss and consistency with the company’s commercial strategy.
- Ensuring proper implementation of the commercial strategy and strategic guidelines, including categories plan and pricing strategy.
- Providing input to the Ops team flows, adjacencies, tools and templates, fixtures, etc.
- Reviewing and resolving any issues with regional suppliers.
- Ensuring cost efficiency across our consumers that meets their needs/wants.
- Defining and maintaining the local assortment and integrating the basic assortment for the department/categories.
- Providing regional teams with information regarding products and quantities needed for international and regional contracts.
- Selecting local suppliers, negotiating, and purchasing in line with expected needs guided by standards such as cost price, discounts, rebates, payment terms, discounts, etc.
- Pricing the items based on pricing guidelines and recommended prices for PL/Imported items.
- Collecting market prices and conducting country price audits.
- Identifying local promo products and pricing each item and submitting forecasting/relevant reordering information to replenishment.
- Developing the country promotion calendar.
- Following up and ensuring effective execution of all activities required for each promotional event.
- Analysing and providing inputs for more effective promotional activities such as consumer preferences, local competitors and trends.
What Did We Order?
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in progressive development and management of multiple product categories, matured by working for large retailers (FMCG), in an international setting.
- You have built teams and led cross-functional projects at scale.
- International experience, negotiation with suppliers.
- You are very detail-oriented, structured and know how to prioritize – you consider yourself as someone who delivers solutions and not bottlenecks to be solved.
- You are willing to do anything necessary for the project to succeed, including working on the warehouse floor when you are short staffed to making a customer delivery, or to take customer calls. No job is too insignificant, no detail is too small for you.
- You are able to interact with senior-level executives and can manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders. You are someone energized by the unknown and look forward to learning each day on the job. You have excellent analytical and communication skills, and always like to be hands-on with several tools.
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills, and always like to be hands-on with several tools.
- Additionally, you have robust interpersonal and intercultural skills. You can inspire several teams and stakeholders to rally behind a mission.
- Language skills: Fluent English