NADIAs client, a leadingFreight Forwarding companywho is operating in UAE for more than 30 years and having multiple offices in Middle East, Africa and India are looking for aChief Accountantto be based in their Head office in Dubai.
- To ensure accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions as per statutory requirement and set deadlines.
- To oversee and ensure that all financial documents are accurately supported, get approved, and coded and that all cheque lists, purchase orders, etc. are maintained correctly.
- To oversee monitoring of the petty cash on weekly basis and that data is accurately recorded.
- Reconciliation of cash books as per need, tally with IOU’s and cash book on accounting as well as reconciliation of accounts between Branch/Group offices on monthly basis.
- To monitor and check banking accounts and balances efficiently including monthly bank account reconciliations and cash flow management.
- Taking care of customers customs refund / Settlement of claims with Dubai Customs
- Standing Guarantee Accounts Reconciliation
- Review LPO’s for certain accounts such as insurance, etc. before finalization of orders, in conjunction with Group Finance.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities and ensure rectification of incorrect accounting entries related to current month to be passed prior to month end closing.
- Prepare working capital management (cash flow & fund flow) reports as and when required.
- Prepare weekly reports.
- Manage internal audit related to books of account for HO.
- Prepare documentation required for financial year-end and annual audit, including the primary review of auditor output and collaborate with financial auditors to ensure successful audit.
- Ensure that staff payroll administration is verified for accuracy, properly processed and that all statutory payments are made on a timely basis.
- Collate all salary amendments, update payroll data on counter to ensure accurate output and ensure that net salary reconciliation is done before the salaries are paid out before end of each month.
- Delegate daily work assignments to the team based on priorities.
- Responsible for reinforcing internal control with subordinates as well as ensuring that rules, regulations, and procedures are adhered to as related to the accounting process.
- A Bachelors degree within a relevant degree (Major in Accounting). Masters degree in accounting or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior accounting position and should have handled a team.
- Candidate must have experience in a freight forwarding company.
- We are only considering candidates currently based in UAE.
- UAE DL will be a plus.