Job no: 554651
Dubai Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Experience: 12 to 18 Years
Qualifications: Master’s Degree / PhD
A data architect is a practitioner of data architecture & data management discipline concerned with designing, creating, deploying and managing an organization’s data architecture. Data architects define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way. Data Architect provides a standard common business vocabulary, expresses strategic data requirements, outlines high level integrated designs to meet these requirements, and aligns with enterprise strategy and related business architecture.
- The ask is for a techno functional expert.
- The person is expected to have exposure & past experience of retail business with consumer domain & if it’s a multi franchise business then it would be much preferred.
- A key deliverable from this person would be the build of the Data Architecture for all active initiates & revisit for opportunities of optimization of data architecture in anything that is being unpacked.
- The ask is to have the ability & past experience of defining data requirements, guide data integration, and control data assets as put forth in a data strategy.
- Contribute & where necessary carry the responsibility to build & write significant sections of the data strategy that is aligned to the Enterprise Architecture principles.
- The candidate should be actively executing in the current job, models, definitions, and data flows on various levels thus building Data Architecture artifacts documents & content.
- Ensure that all modeling is aligned to known KPIs of business & anticipated especially for Retail & Digital.
- Clear understanding of a data platform, ability to create resource groups and govern the Data platform is an added ability most desired.
- Data strategy, Data governance and master data management are key deliverables of this profile.
- Well conversant with Cloud and cloud computing architectures.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Data users and key Business stakeholders, Enterprise Architects and develop and achieve robust sustainable data architecture with least or no technical debt.
- Design short term resolutions to achieve transactional goals low or no technical debt.
- Oversee and monitor all frameworks, data integration protocols to manage data across organization.
- Administer mapping of all data sources and movement (extraction, sourcing, provisioning) and be responsible for appropriate quality of data.
- Be a key contributor & driver of platform, application & domain integrations wrt Data
- Work extremely closely with Integration architect to ensure principals of Data integration, architectural guidelines & Data governance are adhered to for subsequent smooth Data Management.
- Develop key metrics for tests on data and ensure integrity of same on data architecture.
- E responsible for the documentation of Enterprise data architecture and maintain knowledge base .
- Responsible for all 3 levels of DfD (data flow diagram).
- Responsible for optimization of Data load transmission and attributes impacting sensitivity of response especially for Digital & eCom environments.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: 07 Apr 2021 Arabian Standard Time
Application close: 06 May 2021 Arabian Standard Time