Dubai Parks and Resorts119 reviews
Scope of Job:
A key role within the Senior Leadership Team of LEGOLAND, the Finance Director has overall responsibility for the Finance, IT, Logistics and Profit Protection functions as well as providing legal and risk support to the business.
The key aims of the role to achieve this objective will be –
- Through business partnering the GM and Senior Leadership Team, support the development and implementation of the resorts business plan
- Ensure the LEGOLAND finance team deliver accurate and timely weekly and monthly reporting to both Merlin and Dubai Parks & Resorts corporate finance teams
- Ensure the parks operate in compliance with the Merlin Operations Manual, minimizing risk and protecting all assets including cash and inventory
- Provide inspirational leadership to the functional lead managers of Finance, IT, Logistics and Profit Protection to continually improve the service provided to the operational teams of LEGOLAND
- Provide insightful analysis and recommendations to continually grow the business and drive efficiency
- Support the General Manager at separate monthly business reviews with the Merlin and Dubai Parks & Resorts teams ensuring all necessary information has been prepared and shared to ensure a clear understanding of what is driving visitation, revenue and costs
- Develop a culture of cost consciousness and control, making every Dirham count and driving operational efficiencies
- Ensure the finance team produce robust weekly and monthly reporting in line with the Merlin group reporting timetable and as agreed with Dubai Parks & Resorts
- Working with the GM and Senior Team develop the annual Capital Expenditure plan and present this to Dubai Parks & Resorts for approval
- Ensure all capex is spent in compliance with the approved plan and accounted for correctly
- Support the IT Manager in continuously improving level one support of operational systems and hardware, and strategic development of new applications
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting processes to deliver robust and comprehensive targets to both Merlin and Dubai Parks & Resorts
- Support the Logistics Manager in developing and delivering all aspects of the warehouse, procurement and logistics functions
- Ensure that within all areas of responsibility all team members are trained and developed and receive effective performance reviews.
- Make sure all teams have a succession plan in place
- Support the Profit Protection Manager with the promotion of Profit Protection initiatives and a zero tolerance policy to theft and fraud at LEGOLAND
- As required meet with counterparts at other parks and the corporate team at Dubai Parks & Resorts to discuss initiatives and cross resort issues.
- Review all LEGOLAND specific contracts and ensure appropriate legal review ahead of execution
- Act as lead contact for all insurance matters for LEGOLAND liaising with Dubai Parks & Resorts Risk Manager
- Liaise with Dubai Parks & Resorts procurement teams on resort wide procurement initiatives
- Responsible for all internal and external audits, and signing off on quarterly financial statements
- Responsible for Health & Safety within areas of responsibility, ensuring all risk assessments are reviewed and updated annually
- Carry out all duty management and crisis management roles as required by the business
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- 5 years post qualified experience
- 10 years experience in a financial managerial role
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Firm knowledge of legislative & insurance matters
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office packages is essential especially Excel
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of the LEGOLAND team
- Ability to present information clearly to financial and non-financial managers
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Must be a motivational and engaging leader to a cross functional team of 32
- Must be able to travel internationally occasionally to attend meetings as required
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business
Educational / Qualification Requirements
- Chartered or Certified Accounting qualification – ACCA / CIMA / ACA / CPA
- Relevant Bachelors or Masters degree
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.