Robert Half United Arab Emirates
Our client is a leading investment vehicle based in Dubai. Due to an internal move my client is looking to recruit a Finance Manager.
You will have two direct reports; Assistant Accountant and Accounting Clerk and you will
be fully responsible for all accounting and financial reporting matters.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation, processing and management of all financial transaction and cash flows.
- Preparation of and finalizing monthly, quarterly and year end closing procedures.
- Preparation and presentation of regular Quarterly and Annual financial reports for the Company and its’ group subsidiaries and investment interests; P & L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, in accordance with Management and Board reporting requirements.
- Provide meaningful, analysis of trends and variances from budget and prior year.
- Formulating annual budgets & quarterly forecasts.
- Monitor the cash flow cycle and report on the company’s existing cash position and prepare quarterly 12 month rolling Cash Flow forecasts including all future liabilities and commitments.
- Management of all payables and liaison with real estate team to ensure the timely receipt and reporting of rental and other income.
- Processing, reporting and payment of VAT returns in a timely manner.
- Financial modelling and appraisal of all real estate development projects and all non-real-estate investment opportunities.
- Review the progress payment claims from contractors against terms of contracts and project completion.
- Ensure that bank covenants are met satisfactorily and highlight any upcoming issues to avoid the risk of any default.
- Communication and presentation of the above to Senior Management and Board.
- To ensure the adequacy of the internal financial controls and recommend changes in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Continuous review of accounting and I.T. systems, processes, policies & procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing accounting procedures and reporting of overseas subsidiaries/SPV’s financial performance, in accordance with international financial reporting standards.
- Co-ordinating with internal and external auditors by providing them required information to ensure a timely and clean/unqualified annual audit report.
- Any other duties that might reasonably be expected of this role.
- Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years post qualified experience.
- Knowledge of real estate and investment asset valuation (incl. AFS) is desirable.
- History of working with ‘Big 4’ audit firms to ensure delivery of unqualified audits.
- Proven team management and motivational skills.
- Organizational, planning and good interpersonal communication skills are vital to maintain on-going strong relationships internally, with associate companies and with all external contacts.
Salary and Benefits
30,000 – 40,000aed per month