Finance Manager – Corporate Accounting – Jumeirah Group – (210000A8)
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Our Group & Corporate team is an integral part in delivering the Jumeirah Brand promise. Based in our modern headquarters in Dubai Design District or in one of our other key locations, we guarantee you will be part of a dynamic, committed team of industry professionals with a passion for delivering the Company strategy and efficiencies essential for our world class operation.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager at the Corporate Accounting Department to join Jumeirah Group & Corporate.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Prepare statutory reporting deliverables (Group Reporting Packs and financial statements) on a quarterly basis and at year end.
- Prepare the quarterly reporting packs for Dubai Holding statutory purposes within HFM.
- Prepare the quarterly consolidation / workings for all statutory level consolidations.
- Review the quarterly Group Reporting Packs prepared by the SBU Finance Manager / Director of Finance.
- Prepare the year end financials for the Group’s UAE based owned legal entities and corporate managed legal entities.
- Manage the annual financial statement filing process / requirements within the various jurisdictions and ensuring timely filings.
- Be the primary interface with external auditors for management of quarterly and year end testing procedures / Jumeirah’s deliverables from a Group perspective.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and Statutory Filing Requirements.
- Conduct and organise IFRS Training Sessions for finance colleagues to keep the Finance Teams abreast of the changes within the accounting standards.
- Review complex contracts to ensure the relevant accounting implications have been appropriately considered.
- Assist with technical accounting compliance/query management – IFRS and USALI related matters.
Finance Directives and Accounting Policies
- Draft new finance directives (and toolbox items) in compliance with IFRS and USALI, and update existing issued directives based on business needs to minimise financial risk.
- Review the Group’s policies and procedures to identify areas of efficiencies.
- Ensure compliance to Dubai Holdings Finance Policies and Procedures and take corrective actions for any deviations identified.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University.
- Qualified Chartered/Certified accountant.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- System knowledge – MS Office, SUN Financials, Vision, Hyperion Financial Management.
About the benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brand in the hospitality industry.
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates (AE)-Dubai-Dubai
Organization: Group and Corporate [G&C]
Job Posting: Mar 19, 2021, 3:34:26 AM