Based in Dubai, Hello Chef is a rapidly growing e-commerce meal kit company. We’re looking to change the way people cook and eat forever and to achieve that we’ve invested in hiring the best people and creating the best systems.
We are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join our Food Team.
The mission of the Kitchen assistant is to support Hello Chef’s recipe developers by maintaining the cleanliness of the test kitchen and helping them procure ingredients quickly.
Accountabilities, Goal KPIs, and Outcomes
- Wash-up dishes and kitchen equipment
- Return clean dishes, photography props and backgrounds to their respective storage places
- Clean fridges, floors, inside of cupboards, ovens and surfaces
- Empty bins
- Procure missing ingredients from the Hello Chef warehouse or local supermarkets at short notice
- Manage fridge content (recipe boxes & samples)
- Maintain photography prop inventory and backgrounds
- Manage laundry (e.g. Washmen account)
- Manage the giving away of ‘Free Food’ to fellow Hello Chef customers
- Maintain the aesthetic appeal of the Hello Chef test kitchen (think shelving for the purpose of Hello Chef’s Content Factory)
- Maintain test kitchen and freezer inventory stocks by liaising with the Ops team
- Empty fridge at the end of every week and manage left-over item
- Help keep stock of waste and missing items (Google sheets)
- Check OTIF of Hello Chef test boxes; raise and follow-up on missing items (Google sheets)
- Maintain coffee machine (staff kitchen), exhaust filters, house plants and water purifier
What You Need For This Position
- Driver’s license (desirable)
- Computer literacy
- Documented experience of cleaning, managing or maintaining kitchen or similar space
- Ability to communicate well in English (written and spoken)
- Broad understanding of food and cooking ingredients
Essential Cultural Competency Checklist
Whatever it takes: Gets it done and succeeds no matter what the challenge. Has a positive attitude and passion for what we do.
- Wow-experience: Goes above and beyond to serve our customers. Is comfortable with making decisions and taking action.
- Simplify: Recognizes that if what we’re doing is complicated, we’re probably doing it wrong. Understands that our business should work like our products – easy to understand and a pleasure to work with – and acts on this imperative.
- Positive team and family spirit: Treats colleagues, customers, and suppliers with appreciation and respect. Trusts that everyone always wants to do the best for Hello Chef. Provides and expects open and direct feedback.
- Fun: Doesn’t take themselves too seriously and contributes to making the work environment as well as the life of the customer more fun by means of creativity and overall joy.
Are You Up For The Challenge?
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for a position that will grow your career and experience, please apply by attaching your CV