Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation is the world’s largest manufacturer of tyres and other rubber products. We employ over 140,000 people around the world, operate 3 technical centers and 178 manufacturing plants, and sell products in more than 150 countries. “Serving Society with Superior Quality” has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931 and we look for individuals who share our passion to fulfill this mission.
Reporting to the LSCM Planning Team Leader for the Gulf Branch of Bridgestone Middle East & Africa (BSMEA) you will be responsible for monitoring the arrangement and shipping of products and goods from Jebel Ali distribution center(s). The role involves stock control, transportation, warehouse and trade management ensuring structures are in place to monitor the flow of information and materials. Your key responsibilities will include planning, coordinating and organizing distribution and storage of materials and products and improvements to support process efficiency as well as leading the management of the 3PL.
In addition handling overall MEA inbound & outbound freight & distribution cost elements being key point of contact for EMIA central logistics team to drive corporate initiatives. You will also be responsible for maintaining the BSMEA premium position in line with the Bridgestone’s Code of Conduct, ensuring the correct contractual frameworks are executed and maintained, in addition to developing annual operational budgets in collaboration with our partners, enhancing approaches to market within your region.
Degree qualified, with a 3- 5 years’ experience ideally in Jebel Ali Freezone. With the ability to foster long- term collaborative relationships with both our partners and colleagues, you will thrive within a multicultural matrix environment working across diverse markets.
- Management of 3PL (inbound or outbound logistics)
- Manage BSMEA logistics Global Tender & Total Logistics Cost
- Management of Documentation / Customs
- Coordinating and liaising with customers, vendors, service providers
- Capacity Management in the Jebel Ali Warehouse
- Systems Management / Improvement (WMS/SAP)
- Manage internal and external enquiries pertaining to shipment status
- Analyze & report KPI to drive performance improvement
- Generating cost benefit analysis for any operations projects
- Managing onboarding of the new logistic partner & their systems
- Improve receiving & shipping process design.
- Fluency in English
- Arabic would be an advantage
Qualified candidates need to demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Agility – to work in a matrix, complex and fast paced environment.
- Courage – to share ideas, challenge the status quo.
- Ownership – to see the bigger picture and take ownership by thinking and acting beyond the role (self-starter).