No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the role
We are currently looking a capable Management Accountant, the role focus will be on Strategic Financial Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting for Al Futtaim Retail Division.
Number of Direct Reports: 1-2
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1) Strategic Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Prepare strategic plan, annual budget (zero based) and quarterly forecasts in co-ordination with relevant internal and external stakeholders along with action plan to deliver the Plan, Budget and Forecasts
- Upload Plan, Budget and Forecast into relevant systems
- Prepare / manage presentations with Retail and Group Leadership
2) MIS and Other financial Reporting
- Regular operational and financial performance reports to relevant stakeholders
- Comprehensive analysis of the variances with budget and prior year performances and suggest action plan for improvement
- Provide adhoc financial analysis to support business decisions.
- Enhance automation to improve efficiency
- Implementation of Anaplan across all Retail Businesses
- Meeting Group & Brand SLAs and requests and feedback from Brand Finance leaders
- Collaboration success between central BP&A and Brands.
- Driving best practices
Qualifications, experience & skills:
- CA Intermediate with 5 years’ experience or Finance graduate with 8 years’ experience
- Expert working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and good working knowledge of other MS office packages
- Knowledge of accounting software packages, preferably ERP such as SAP
- Adequate working knowledge of budgeting, financial / management reporting and taxation in Middle East preferably in retail sector
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, planning and organizing skills and good business acumen.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.