Expo 20202 reviews
The role of the Operations Support Services department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020.Operations Support Service (OSP) includes the following service areas: (1) Facilities Management Hard and Soft services (FM), inclusive of Cleaning & Waste Management, (2) Logistics (LOG), inclusive of Business Support and (3) Fleet Operations (FOP), (4) Transport.
The purpose of Manager, Warehousing & Inventory will be to support the Lead Manager, Warehousing & Inventory to ensure that Expo 2020 storage location, Expo site wide inventory management including Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment but not limited too are operated according to relevant standards and procedures necessary for Expo operations. The Manager, Warehousing & Inventory will be accountable for ensuring coordination of receipt and dispatch of all materials and equipment, storage, inventory control and packaging for distribution at the various warehousing, inventory and storage locations. Materials for the Event will be stored at locations both on- and off-site.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead in the build and integration of the FF&E Load In Load Out timelines across Expo 2020 Function operations and external stakeholder operation;
- To support the Lead Warehousing & Inventory Manager within the Event Operations Logistics Function, to ensure that material and equipment for Expo 2020 and all key stakeholders are stored at locations according to relevant standards and procedures necessary for event operations;
- Manage multiple inventory locations on site and off site where there are Expo assets;
- Lead/own/support in collaboration with the Warehouse Manager the Warehouse Management System (WMS) to proactively manage, monitor and account for all assets within the various location in the UAE and plan for inbound/outbound shipments;
- Monitoring the Distribution Team’s detailed shipping and ground transportation schedules to ensure that dispatch from the various Expo locations are conducted in a timely and cost-efficient manner;
- Monitor and track venue and commodity specific inventory levels to ensure that the needs of all Expo 2020 functions will be met Pre, during and post Event.