M&A Transaction Services – Manager
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
In an international firm like Deloitte, our strong global presence is complemented by our local reach and market knowledge. A career in Financial Advisory Services will equip you with a deep understanding of the local and regional business landscape, enabling you to identify opportunities and risks to our clients’ businesses. In addition, your breadth of vision will be engaged, as you match our global resources to our clients’ advantage. Our FA practice encompasses a broad range of specializations and services but whose common goal is to offer strategic services to clients throughout every phase of the economic cycle.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Manager in M&A transaction services, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Performs sophisticated analyses and applies a logical, structured, and disciplined approach to translate key financial and commercial aspects of a transaction into useful insights
- Interprets and synthesizes data, exercises professional skepticism to challenge data, and identifies meaningful insights to develop recommendations that most effectively support a client’s deal objectives
- Prepares work plan to meet objectives within established budget and timeline
- Recognizes and communicates when plans should be adjusted to meet the timeline and scope
- Acts as a financial advisor across a broad spectrum of transactions through a sophisticated analysis of financial information
- Participates in business and/or industry sector groups to build knowledge of economic, industry, and market conditions to create tailored FA sector insight
- Identifies relevant trends, competitive landscape, and market conditions that merit discussion with the client
- Applies quality assurance, risk management, and confidentiality procedures in all areas of work performed and managed
- Takes ownership for management and reporting on smaller engagements, and manages discreet areas/sections of work on larger engagements
- Understands the M&A market and proactively scans for deal activity and deal formation; uses to help build an investment case
- Determines achievability of target’s financial forecasts and future potential based on target’s product, market, competitor, and customer insights
- Prepares a strategic and operational plan that outlines an agreed view on the intended degree of integration and resulting implications
- Increases standardization, efficiency, and quality of due diligence activities to ensure they are delivered in accordance with relevant policies, frameworks, and procedures
- Begins to develop expertise in specific aspects of integration or separation value creation services to provide tailored solutions to support client
- Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- 6+ years or more experience in financial consulting (Financial Advisory/ Corporate Finance) or Investment Banking/ Merchant Banking, preferably in Corporate Finance Department with experience in areas such as business valuations, mergers & acquisitions, due diligence, financial modeling and re-structuring, raising debt or equity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and plan components of engagements along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines.
- Recognized accounting qualification and/or CFA/CBV/CA certification preferred – otherwise MBA or equivalent, with emphasis on finance/financial planning or investment analysis.
- Advanced level of technical proficiency and computer literacy particularly with spreadsheets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bilinguals (Arabic & English) preferred