We are looking for a Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. Planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations. Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Supervise the production team to produce and prioritize jobs and, when necessary, reorganize to meet deadline changes.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Monitoring the quality of raw material and finished products and supervising the quality department to ensure the same.
- Monitor quality and timeliness of all orders to ensure customer commitments are met through production of high quality material.
- Ensuring compliance of the quality system.
- Assures all staff has the resources and information to perform their function.
- Ensure inventories are conducted and accurate records are maintained.
- Manpower planning and optimization to meet production targets.
- Planning and implementing of preventive maintenance schedules of various machineries.
- Ensure the maintaining of proper records for production, quality, maintenance, warehouse and logistics activities.
- Proactively identifying the areas of breakdowns and taking steps to rectify the equipment using troubleshooting tools.
- Coordinate and manage all inventory supplies to ensure minimum waste and spoilage.
- Initiate manpower hiring when needed to cope with expanding workload or for replacement of substandard employees.
- Ensure safer working environment.
- Review all amendments of the Quality Manual.
- Reports to the Top management on the performance of the quality system including needs for improvement.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Proven work experience as a Plant Manager
- Steel Industry experience must
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- BS degree in Business Management or related field
- Good communication