Virtua Advanced Solution
Our core services include:
- Multi-country Payroll Outsource covering META
- Multi-country Single SaaS Platform
- Executive Search and Specialized Recruitment Services
- Manpower Outsourcing (EOR/PEO)
- HR Digital Transformation
- Psychometric Assessment, Gamified Learning, Coaching and Performance Management
Our client is a chemical manufacturing company that is pushing boundaries in specialty chemicals. Whether in the lab, working in communications, recruiting new co-workers, or working on business strategy, they welcome all innovators and self-starters who like being challenged, who think out-of-the-box, who like working in an international environment, and who constantly strive to excel in his or her field. You will have the freedom to make a global impact – with approximately 13,000 other colleagues and a vast global network.
Responsible for conducting all aspects of scale inhibitor evaluation, covering both laboratory and modelling methods. The scale specialist should be current with developments in scale testing methodology, chemistry, and deployment.
- The job holder will be expected to conduct all duties and activities professionally to ISO 9001 and 14001 standards and follow company safety policies and procedures, in particular Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- The job holder is expected to work in the laboratory areas and will contribute to Technical support, Product Development, Product Support, and Laboratory Administration within the RD&E team
- Perform field work as required
- The job holder is required to work closely with other Chemists and ChampionX staff to assess and solve customer problems within the laboratory and field if required
- Scoping, execution, reporting and management of technical projects using appropriate procedures
- Perform laboratory testing specific to the department to evaluate product performance, secondary properties and compatibilities. In the scale lab, tests include performance testing, using dynamic scale loop and static jar tests, and compatibility testing. In particular knowledge and understanding of core flood testing for formation damage and scale inhibitor retention and return.
- Design of squeeze treatments using relevant software.
- Calibration and maintenance of equipment
- Work with other staff to evaluate new materials and other commercially available products as required
- Assist in the review of the Quality System and in the preparation and editing of procedures
- Lead technical projects with sales team, customers and colleagues
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues to ensure alignment on products and projects
- Present results and reports to customers
- Undertake training of other staff
- Present research and innovations at relevant technical conferences
- Any other task that may reasonably be requested
- Continually scans the environment for technology breakthroughs
- Readily distinguishes between what’s relevant and what’s unimportant to make sense of complex situations
- Seeks new approaches to solve problems
- Training and mentoring less experienced associates. Taking the lead in the lab, providing guidance when necessary
Must be familiar with the following Tests.
with Oil and Gas/Chemical Industry Experience
- A mixture of office based and standard laboratory-based work
- Field work may be required
- Ability to travel overseas on occasion
BSc Honours degree (or equivalent) from an accredited institution with relevant experience
6+ years of experience in oil and gas industry with progressive experience; Oilfield Chemical Service experience is highly preferred
Please send CV with the job title as heading to candidatesATtransskills.com
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.