M&A Transaction Services – Senior Associate
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
In an international firm like Deloitte, our strong global presence is complemented by our local reach and market knowledge. A career in Financial Advisory Services will equip you with a deep understanding of the local and regional business landscape, enabling you to identify opportunities and risks to our clients’ businesses. In addition, your breadth of vision will be engaged, as you match our global resources to our clients’ advantage. Our FA practice encompasses a broad range of specializations and services but whose common goal is to offer strategic services to clients throughout every phase of the economic cycle.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Senior in M&A transaction services, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Selects appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing large and complex data sets to extract insights and support solutions
- Maintains a working knowledge of measurement tools, benchmarks, statistics, and metrics needed to quantify and analyze aspects of deal risk
- Produces a high quality work product and collaborates with others across phases of the M&A transaction lifecycle to deliver a superior client experience
- Analyzes financial and accounting information when evaluating transactions
- Manages own work in an ethical manner with a continuous attention to quality and risk rules, and confidentiality
- Builds an understanding of how stages of the M&A lifecycle operate to enhance delivery in own phase of expertise
- Identifies potential synergies that may be created as a result of an M&A deal and quantifies the benefits and costs to achieve
- Analyzes and synthesizes target company data to identify historical and projected financial and operating trends, quality of earnings and working capital considerations, and potential liabilities and risks which impact valuation and negotiation of the target company
- Assists in developing executive briefings, highlighting fundamental insights, risks, and exposures that can have a significant impact on valuation and the terms of the transaction agreement in workstream of specialization
- Helps client identify and address integration or separation issues to optimize the transition once the deal is secured
- Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or any related field
- 5+ years of experience in financial advisory, public auditing, or accounting, preferably with Big Audit Firms.
- International accounting qualification is desired: CA, ACCA, or CPA. Preferably CA.
- Knowledge of best practice reporting and International Financial Valuation and Modeling
- Experience in transaction support, valuation, due diligence, financial re-structuring, feasibility studies/projections, IPO’s.
- Advanced level of technical proficiency and computer literacy particularly with spreadsheets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Supervise staff, inspect client financial records, compile and analyze data, prepare detailed audit reports and resolve accounting research issues.
- Fluency in English. Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (English/Arabic)