- Managing the accounting and finance function for Middle East (UAE & Saudi)
- Ensuring compliance with local statutory and regulatory reporting requirements by coordinating with various stakeholders & the Global Shared Services team (payroll, VAT/WHT/IIT and tax reporting, filing of statutory financial statements, etc.)
- Knowledge on local payroll, corporate and related laws
- Managing monthly and annual financial statement close.
- Establishing appropriate local accounting policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with global accounting policies
- Coordinating and interacting with Finance Team in Offshore & other locations on various accounting and tax matters.
- Management of the external audit relationship and coordination of their activities to support the statutory audit(s).
- Working with local/external tax compliance firms.
- Assisting treasury in managing local banking relationships.
- Supporting local business teams, as required.
- Leading accounting and finance integration of acquired companies, as required.
- Be the face of Finance function lead for the local associates – facilitate closure of queries and clarifications with regard to various Finance matters like Payroll, Expense Reports, Personal taxation etc
Keywords in the resume
Qualifications & Experience
- Chartered Accountant / ACCA or the equivalent.
- 4+ years experience, multinational company experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of local regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy and confidence.
- Proficient in using ERP / General Ledger applications PeopleSoft experience a plus.
- Ability to continually assess business requirements in a rapid growth environment.
- Fluent in English, ability to read & write Arabic
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.