Marine Power International FZC2 reviews
Typical work duties of the service engineer include:
1. Working independently on 4 stroke engine overhauls in power plants / on-board vessels.
2. Trouble shooting for any issues reported on the engine.
3. Response to customer complaints, evaluation and resolution problems of the customer.
4. Assembling work in the company warehouse when not working at site.
5. Responsible for keeping track of all special tools used for engine overhauls.
6. Work planning & service costing for 4 stroke engines OH.
7. Assist Technical sales engineers/Manager for preparation of Service Offers & Invoicing the customers.
8. Proper reporting of all jobs done.
9. Reporting required by QHSE management system.
10. Training junior colleagues on the job.
11. Any other responsibilities assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualification, Experience & Skills required
- A Graduate mechanical/marine engineer or Diploma in mech
- Hands-on work experience in Power plant or Marine – Min. 1 years (for graduate)/2 years (for diploma)
- Good technical knowledge of 4 stroke engine Marine Engines (Cat Mak, Vasa, MAN, Wartsila, Bergen etc)
- Ability to work long hours under tough conditions
- Readiness to travel extensively on short notice
- Good English communication skills – both written & spoken
Preference may be given to candidates having one or more of the below
- Knowledge & Ability to work on both High Speed & Medium Speed 4 stroke marine engines (Cat Mak, Vasa, MAN, Wartsila, Bergen etc) independently.
- Knowledge & Ability to work on Turbochargers independently.