Smyth and Bradshaw
Tax Policy Unit Director (UAE NATIONALS)
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Lead the Tax Policy Unit (TPU) day to day operations and responsibility for the TPU team. Advise the Tax Affairs team on the development and continuous improvement of the tax policy in alignment with UAE government principles and leading practices, and on the development of strategies to maximise tax revenues. Supports all departments on tax policy implementation / tax legislation; and, supports internal and external stakeholders; taxpayers; and, government/s as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise and advice on the formulation and review of the tax policy and legislation and ensure alignment of activities with the tax policy and UAE Government principles.
- Recommend improvement opportunities with regards to tax policy as and when needed based on policy trends and performance.
- Maintain the review/draft of tax policy and, if necessary, new legislation and assist in the implementation and issuance of new tax laws.
- Advise on addressing tax-related conflicts; challenges and disputes working in collaboration with Legal affairs.
- Advise on the best ways to assess operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Responsibility for tax payer clarification applications and input tax apportionment applications.
- Responsibility for tax payer communications through guides, public clarifications, business bulletins and other website material.
- Responsibility for internal operational tax policies.
- Keep abreast of pending laws, industry changes, trends and international best practices.
- Assess the potential impact of changes on tax policies and advise on how to proceed.
- Advise the Director General on tax policy and strategic developments.
- Assist the Director General in addressing tax technical correspondence; internal and external meetings; and ministerial and other presentations on tax policy matters.
- tax policy lead on GCC engagement.
- Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation and operation of tax policy programmes and/or initiatives.
- Consult with Tax Registration and Returns, Tax Compliance and Enforcement and Legal, as necessary, to address difficult tax policy, compliance and enforcement issues.
- Lead and coordinate employee training on tax policy, enforcement and compliance-related topics or procedures.
- Responsibility for TPU team member performance appraisals.
- Responsibility for TPU KPIs, team objectives and plan.
- Support Tax Registration and Returns, Tax Compliance and Enforcement, and Taxpayer Services functions across the.
- Oversee the implementation of the the Tax Policy Unit (TPU) strategy in line with the overall objectives, mission and vision of the.
- Propose the the Tax Policy Unit (TPU) objectives and KPIs for sign off by the Director General.
- Set, consolidate, review, monitor and allocate the the Tax Policy Unit (TPU) budget (in coordination with Budgeting Accountant).
Educational Qualifications and Certifications
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: Master’s and/or certifications in relevant field (CTA, CTP)
- Minimum: 12+ years’ of relevant experience with 5 years in a senior management role
- Preferred: Experience in tax functions in government entities
Languages: Excellent communication skills in Arabic and English
NOTE: THIS ROLE IS OPEN TO UAE NATIONALS ONLY
If interested, mail your cv to [email protected] with subject line “Tax Policy Unit Director-UAEN”
If you do not hear from us within 7 days, then, unfortunately, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
***ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED**