Transaction Services – OCA IT Due Diligence – Manager
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You’ll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
In an international firm like Deloitte, our strong global presence is complemented by our local reach and market knowledge. A career in Financial Advisory Services with will equip you with a deep understanding of the local and regional business landscape, enabling you to identify opportunities and risks to our clients’ businesses. In addition, your breadth of vision will be engaged, as you match our global resources to our clients’ advantage. Our FAS practice encompasses a broad range of specializations and services but whose common goal is to offer strategic services to clients throughout every phase of the economic cycle.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Manager in Operational and Commercial Advisory – transaction services, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Support in the preparation of IT due diligence reports focusing on key issues material to a transaction
- Work in an M&A lifecycle and transactions environment
- Undertake full assessment of the IT function of an acquisition target and comment on key findings pertinent to a potential transaction
- Communicate gaps and risks, related opportunities, investments and costs specifically around Strategy, Organization & Governance, Applications, Assets,
- Infrastructure, Security and Compliance to IT Due Diligence Manager or the IT due diligence team as required
- Research industry trends pertaining to IT and relevant in a deal context
- Conduct assessment on historical IT spend relative to industry benchmark
- Financially numerate with the ability to critique IT budgets and prepare IT costs relating to carve-outs, separations and integrations
- Ability to work to short deadlines and aggressive timeframes to produce transaction diligence reports
- Strong written and communication skills, with the ability to synthesize complex technical information into clear, concise diligence reports for investors
- You will develop an impressive range of operational, commercial and management consulting skills that will enhance your future career potential. Benefiting from early client exposure and learning from some of the top practitioners in the field, you will be involved throughout the lifecycle of some of the largest, complex and high-profile deals in the Middle East.
- Our team supports clients to plan, execute, and generate the highest value for their integrations, separation, privatization and / or IPO preparation programmes.
- Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or similar MBA / finance postgraduate degree in a related field from an accredited college/university
- Minimum 5+ years or more experience of technology experience preferably with a focus on deal advisory, integration and separation, including:
- Network & Data Center Operations Management
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Service Management
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity
- Cloud-based Deployment Models (e.g., Infrastructure-as-a-Service)
- Software Asset Management/Compliance
- Infrastructure Optimization (e.g., consolidation, rationalization, cost savings)
- Service Level Definition and Agreements / IT Scorecard and Metrics
- Knowledge/certification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service management and service support processes, and CMM SEI and/or CoBiT standards
- Knowledge about enterprise business applications (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Experience in assisting with technology assessment/due diligence
- Knowledge of 3rd party contractual relationships, including an understanding of sourcing deal/contract risk exposures and areas/gaps between current state and leading industry practice
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and plan components of engagements along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines.
- Advanced level of technical proficiency and computer literacy particularly with spreadsheets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bilinguals (Arabic & English) preferred