Empowering students to unlock their potential through personalised education.
What this role is responsible for
Strategy Consultants are exemplars of Crimson Education’s philosophy dedicated to making a difference in students’ lives, helping bridge gaps between present and future goals by personalising blueprints that will become the basis of all academic, extracurricular and personal development.
Your task as a Strategy Consultant is to work closely with students and their other Crimson tutors, mentors and consultants. Primary client-facing responsibilities include driving progress through long-term roadmaps, offering a perspective into UK higher education, and mentoring through the candidacy building and application processes.
Regarding application work, Strategy Consultants assist in developing students’ narratives, including the thematic direction of application essays. Students will have additional direct support from Application Mentors who own the responsibilities of essay consultation (brainstorms, revisions) and interview preparation.
With each case that one oversees in this role, a Strategy Consultant is entrusted with the highest level of autonomy and accountability. Strategy Consultants are thus held to the highest standards of integrity; maintain utmost responsibility in managing students’ goals and plans, and contribute to the professional development of the self and the team.
This position is a Full-Time role.
What success looks like
- Provide overarching admissions strategies to students by creating individualised roadmaps and constantly evaluating progress to achieve a student’s primary goals
- Collaborate with the rest of the students’ Crimson team (Education Coordinators, Academic Tutors, Application Consultants, ECL Mentors) to execute on the student’s roadmap
- Maintain expert knowledge of high school curricula, extracurricular and leadership choices, summer program applications, and standardised test planning to make recommendations regarding admissions strategies
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of institutions of higher learning to guide students and parents towards attainable school goals, working with them to create lists of best-fit schools of varied competition to maximize acceptance chances
- Conduct formal consulting sessions with students every month (at the minimum), chronicling and sharing with relevant stakeholders notes and action items
- Maintain reasonable levels of communication with students and families outside of formal sessions through various channels (e.g., email, etc.)
Sales and Marketing
- Facilitate or lead development and presentation of marketing materials for seminars or expositions in local markets
- Collaborate with local Sales teams in Initial Consultations to facilitate potential client investment and understanding in Crimson’s products and services
Product and Resource Development
- Produce and acquire buy-in from the Strategy Consulting team on (1) internal resources and (2) client-facing materials to provide the highest standard of quality service worldwide and to engage earnestly in a culture of continuous professional development
How you’ll know you’re crushing it
- Expertly support students through the application process
- Meeting with students at least once a month from the start of their program
- Achieving the number of students as agreed between Crimson and yourself that receive admission to at least one university in their program
- Excellent student feedback, as determined by session feedback and NPS
- Adherence to established service protocols and timely responses to clients
What skills and experience you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree from a top UK university, Oxbridge preferred; special considerations for individuals who have extensive experience with UK admissions consulting for the undergraduate level; advanced degrees will be advantageous.
- Passion for coaching young adults and appreciation of global perspectives
- Superior planning and organisational skills; experience in project management, event coordination, product management a plus
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Resilience when working independently under pressure
- Experience in formal education, coaching, tutoring, and admissions consulting preferred
If you’re passionate about education, looking for a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and want to work with cutting edge technology, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please keep an eye on your spam/junk email folder for correspondence from Breezy HR.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.